Monday, 6 October 2014

Proposal

My magazine will be covering the music genres of rock and metal.

The magazines that have inspired me are Kerrang!, Metal Hammer, NME and MOJO. These are magazines that I buy myself and which cover the genres of music that I will cover in my own magazine.

 My target audience would be mainly young people of both genders in their teens or twenties. They would be a student who does not have a lot of money, but still saves up for things they like, such as comic books, video games and CDs. Their favourite genres of music would be rock and metal and they would enjoy going to gigs. They may also play an instrument, like guitar or drums.

The major conventions I will use are; the essential information (price, date etc.) which will be located on the front cover and contents page; a dominant image on the front cover and double-page spread; coverlines and additional subheads to grab the reader’s attention; pull quotes, and additional images.

Instead of taking images from the internet, I will take my own photos of a model and use them in my magazine. Since no one else will be using the same model as me, my magazine will be different to others.

I will do a photoshoot in Barnes Park with a friend who agreed to be my model. I will tell them what to wear and how to pose. I will then pick the best images and, after editing them on Photoshop, will use them for my magazine.

On the day of the photoshoot the weather may not be suitable. The mode may change their mind and not agree to do the photoshoot, or they may not have the required clothing items.

No comments:

Post a Comment