Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Preliminary Task


This is the front cover I designed for the preliminary task. I used a variety of Photoshop skills to achieve the finished product. I was not happy with the original background, so using the lasso tool I separated the model form the background and then used a different background from the internet which I preferred. I took the coloured boxes from the Sunderland College Moodle, as they are the college's colours and would appeal to the target audience, as they are college students. I then added the masthead and coverlines. However, I felt that they were not eye-catching enough, so I added a drop shadow and used the stroke effect to make them bolder and more eye-catching. Overall, I felt that I used the Photoshop tools correctly and to effect.


This is the contents page I made for the preliminary task. I used a variety of Photoshop tools to achieve the finished product. The dominant image was originally facing the other way. However, I was not happy with this because I wanted the text to be on the left side of the model. Therefore, I flipped the image. The coloured boxes were the college colours, so they appealed to the target audience, who are college students. To get the coloured boxes I went on the Sunderland College Moodle site and took a screenshot of them. After adding them to the contents page I used the lasso tool to separate them from their background. I added a shadow to the masthead so it would look like it is is 3D and stand out more. I made the text different colours so they would match the theme.



This is the feedback I got from my classmates for my front cover. Many said that it was vibrant and had a good colour scheme, but the text was a bit hard to read. Based on this feedback, when it comes to my actual magazine I will make the text easier to read by choosing the colours carefully, deciding on a suitable font and adjust the effects on the text accordingly.





























No comments:

Post a Comment