1st attempt. The dominant image was originally in colour, so I edited it to amke it balck and white, which matched the genre of music and would therefore appeal to the target audience.
2nd attempt. I changed the layout of the text to make it more similar to the text layout of magazines. This meant I had to remove the sub-images. I also added a pull quote to attract the reader's attention.
3rd attempt. I have drastically changed the layout to make it more professional-looking. I changed the font of the title, added coloured boxes around the text, changed the colour of the text, and added a page number. I also edited the lighting on the dominant image to make the face of the model more attention-grabbing and visible.
4th attempt. I moved the masthead and essential information to above the dominant image. I added social media. I changed the coloured box around the text from red/black to grey and also used the burn tool on it. I then changed the colour of the text to make it easier to read and enlarged the image.
5th attempt. I added an image of the front cover and used the burn tool around it. I made the masthead and the pull quote larger and applied the burn tool further.
6th attempt. I felt that my contents page was too dark, so I changed the colour of the box around the text. I made the dominant image and the essential information smaller. I also moved the image of the front cover and added a sub-image.
8th attempt. I removed the sub-images, as I felt that they made the page look too clustered. Removing the sub-images left me enough room to enlarge the front cover image and the 'subscribe' text. I moved the masthead and essential information to be below the dominant image. This allowed me to make the pull quote larger, move the social media logos, and make the masthead smaller.
10th attempt. I felt that the page needed sub-images, so I made the masthead, essential information, and the pull quote smaller, and then moved them in order to leave some pace for the sub-images. I also made the social media icons smaller.
11th attempt. I made the sub-images smaller and moved them, as I felt that in their previous position they were either not visible enough or were taking the reader's attention off the dominant image. I also made the social media icons smaller and moved them, along with the pull quote.
13th attempt. I added a coloured box around 'subscribe' in order to amke it stand out. I also used the burn tool aorund the text.
This is the feedback I gave myself.
2nd attempt. I changed the layout of the text to make it more similar to the text layout of magazines. This meant I had to remove the sub-images. I also added a pull quote to attract the reader's attention.
3rd attempt. I have drastically changed the layout to make it more professional-looking. I changed the font of the title, added coloured boxes around the text, changed the colour of the text, and added a page number. I also edited the lighting on the dominant image to make the face of the model more attention-grabbing and visible.
4th attempt. I moved the masthead and essential information to above the dominant image. I added social media. I changed the coloured box around the text from red/black to grey and also used the burn tool on it. I then changed the colour of the text to make it easier to read and enlarged the image.
5th attempt. I added an image of the front cover and used the burn tool around it. I made the masthead and the pull quote larger and applied the burn tool further.
6th attempt. I felt that my contents page was too dark, so I changed the colour of the box around the text. I made the dominant image and the essential information smaller. I also moved the image of the front cover and added a sub-image.
7th attempt. I made my dominant image larger and changed the size of the pull quote. I also enlarged the coloured box and moved some text in order to fit in another sub-image.
9th attempt. I felt that the image made the page too dark, so I removed the lighting from it and made the image smaller.
11th attempt. I made the sub-images smaller and moved them, as I felt that in their previous position they were either not visible enough or were taking the reader's attention off the dominant image. I also made the social media icons smaller and moved them, along with the pull quote.
12th attempt. I decided to add a coloured box around one of the sub-heads and a circle around the page number. I also removed some sub-images, make the text smaller, and add a frame around one of the sub-images.
14th attempt. I made the 'subscribe' text and coloured box smaller. I also used the burn tool around the titles.
15th attempt. I added some more sub-images and frames around them.
This is the feedback I recieved form my classmates. Many of them liked the layout and the images. For improvement they said to make the text easier to read.
16th attempt. Based on my peer feedback, I decided to enlarge the text and remove the drop shadow effect to make it more visible. I changed the colour of the 'subscribe' text to red to make it stand out more. I made the coloured box around the lighter so the text will be easier to read. I also made the images larger.
17th attempt. I removed the sub-images, added more text, changed the font of the necessary information, and added shadows to the headings so they stand out more.
18th attempt. I added two sub-images.

19th attempt. I made the subscription box smaller, so the text next to it would not look too squeezed. This also allowed me to enlarge the bottom banner.



















No comments:
Post a Comment