Monday, 29 September 2014

Photoshop Trial



This is a front cover I made when practicing Photoshop. To get the background black and white I used the lasso tool on the image in the centre and then put it onto a new layer. This meant I could change the colour of the background yet keep the image in the centre the same. The masthead wasn't very eye-catching before, so I added used the drop shadow effect, the gradient overlap effect, the bevel & emboss effect and the stroke effect. I did the same on the strap line as well.



Continuing with my Photoshop practice, I made a poster advertising the 'magazine'. I used the same font and effects  so they match the magazine's masthead and to catch the reader's attention. The original background was white, which I felt was too plain and not eye-catching enough. I replaced the background with the image that is on the magazine (only in black and white) so it matches and to make the poster less plain.

Feedback:
This is the feedback from my lecturer and my peers.





























No comments:

Post a Comment